Millions have succumbed to acne and millions are still enduring it. The world’s most common skin disorder is generally common among teenagers and the experience is similar to a nightmare. Acne causes redness of the skin and even permanent scarring and can ruin anyone’s date or prom night. There are a number of methods to get rid of acne, but one must choose the best treatment to get rid of it quickly. Every acne sufferer is unique and a treatment which proved to be fruitful for one might not be effective for someone else. So we should adopt basic stringent ways to get rid of it steadily yet surely. So the question arises, what is the best acne treatment and how to avail it?
Causes of acne
Teenagers are more prone to acne due to the advent of puberty, but acne is not restricted to any age group and people might suffer from it in some way or the other. On a generalized note, the main reason of acne is as follows:
- Bacteria and germs – Bacteria and germ build up under the skin is the main reason of the villainous acne. Being the root cause of acne most treatments target them to eradicate this problem
- Clogged pores – Our skin has millions of pores, and when these pores get closed the oil (sebum) generated from our skin gets trapped and provides a building ground for bacteria and germs, finally leading to acne breakout.
- Tampering existing acne – Acne can sometimes make the skin itch, and when itched the bacteria present oozes out and a lead to redness eventually infecting surrounding areas of the skin. Thus aiding in acne breakout.
Adopting what is the best acne treatment
For all the acne relieving process is not the same and can vary from one person to the other. The best and most effective acne treatments are as follows:
- Using ointments – Commercially available acne removing ointments generally sport benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid. These agents target the bacteria and germs which are the main causes of acne. Using a proper ointment with proper portions of these ingredients can be immensely helpful to serve the cause.
- Cleaning or exfoliating the skin – Dirt and other particles can lead to the closing of the pores of the skin. Even dead skin if not taken care of can also clog the pores. For this very reason people should wash their face regularly with a light soap and exfoliate the skin to prevent the accumulation of dead skin cells.
- Home-made face packs – Home-made face packs are immensely helpful and can be made by using common natural ingredients. The result provided by these face packs are really magical and effective.
In a nutshell, the answer to what is the best acne treatment lies in discipline and patience. People should adopt stringent steps and follow a healthy diet to eradicate acne at the earliest. Drinking ample water, daily exercise and adequate sleep can also prove to be very helpful.